history of Doll

Item number: Doll (3881)

.

Category: Doll




Description

Company history and description of the company Doll & C0 in Deutschland

On 12.19.1898 the company "Doll & C0" was founded by the plumber Karl Doll and the merchant Isaac Sondhelm and started to produce mainly simple steam engines and operating models . They tried searching the superior quality apart from the competition and no other company produced as many operating models .
1909 Peter Doll left the firm and Sondhelm became the sole owner .
01/01/2911 Max Ben became additional partners .
On 22/03/1923 was the conversion of general partnership into a limited company .
1927 the chief engineer Reichel was taken over by the troubled company Bing. He began with the production of steam railways in gauge 0 ; later Eelectric railways were produced. There was only developed one single spirit - type locomotive .
1930 hey had approximately 150 employees.
1933, the company was renamed "Fränkische Metallspiewaren AG" in order to escape the Nazi expropriation.
1938 the company was taken over by Fleischmann , but further used the name Doll .
The Doll railroad became in 1949 the Fleischmann DC rail 0 gauge which was then replaced in 1958 by the H0 .
The steam engines were sold under the name Doll up to 1949, and sold from 1950 as Fleischmann and from 1969 were no longer in the catalog.

Question on item

Contact
Question on item