history of Goebel Wilhelm

Item number: Goebel Wilhelm (4332)

.

Category: Goebel Wilhelm




Description

Company history and description of the company Goebel Wilhelm in Oeslau Thuringia in Germany

In 1861 Franz D. Goebel and his son William Goebel founded their porcelain factory F & W Goebel in Oeslau Thuringia in Germany. They produced porcelain and earthenware objects.
By 1893 the company was owned solely by William, who changed the name to William Goebel Porzellanfabrik.
About 1893 Goebel also began producing fine bisque dolls of all kinds; small all bisque dolls, bisque Dolly Face shoulder or socket heads on kid or composition jointed bodies, bent limb character Baby dolls, half dolls, bathing beauties, ballerinas, Bécassine dolls.
Goebel also supplied Max Handwerck with some bisque doll heads.
Goebel is probably best known today for their Hummel figurines and other porcelain objects.

Early objects were marked with a triangle and quarter moon symbol.
After 1900 they began using a crown above the WG initials.

Doll mold Numbers:
30, 34, 46, 50, 54, 60, 73, 77A, 77B, 80, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 91, 92, 102, 106, 107, 110, 111, 114, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 185, 208, 217, 283, 28/5, 286, 317, 319, 320, 321, 322, 330, 340, 350, 501, 521, 64, B3, B4, B5, B7, WG

Question on item

Contact
Question on item