history of Hamo

Item number: Hamo (3934)

.

Category: Hamo




Description

Company history and description of the company HAMO aus Nuremberg, Germany

1952 Hamo from Nuremberg was the abbreviation for Alfred Hannemann model , which was renamed later under "Spielzeug und Modellbau A. Hannemann", initially tram models have been constructed of zinc die casting with a complete plastic track system. Hannemann had bought the plans and tools of the company FEMO in Feucht near Nuremberg. FEMO was founded 1950 by George A. Dörfler and A. Feldgiebel. Dörfler had developed in gauge 00/H0 a 2-wire DC technology for trams. The company FEMO presented the models in 1951 at the International Toy Fair in Nuremberg and should they market , but did not succeed.
1959-1960 also diesel V80 and V160 were produced
Until 1962 the offer was constantly expanding , so there was , chassis and parts for the DIY of trams. A highlight was the automatic clutch. Published in 1962 the vintage railcars T 204 with matching sidecar.
1963, the company of Hannemann was closed for personal reasons.
1964 Marklin joins as a shareholder and the company name is "HAMO Modellfahrzeuge GmbH". Marklin sales then under the trademark " Hamo " lovers models (Märklin 3011 , 3023 , 3024 , 3052 and 3063 ) for the AC system whose final assembly Hamo undertook . The trams were given new item numbers and diesel locomotives were no longer delivered. A year later, only the models 3011 , 3052 and 3063 were offered.
In February 1966 there appeared a folder in which the name "Hamo" was introduced for the new Märklin two-rail DC system with the models 8322 , 8338 , 8346 8347 , 8351 , 8353 , 8370 and 8470th At the same time the production of trams ran out, they are not to be found in the 1967 catalog: 1997 Märklin took over Trix and the brand name "Hamo" finally disappeared .

Signs

Question on item

Contact
Question on item