history of Koehler

Item number: Köhler (3988)

.

Category: Koehler




Description

Company history and description of the company Georg Köhler in Nuremberg, Germany (GKN)

In 1932 Georg Köhler founded the game and metal goods factory in the Äußere Ziegelgasse 8 in Nuremberg in a residential area. Trademark became the three letters GKN intertwined standing in a triangle. The first animal figures were the frog and the bird pick each lithographed and with clockwork. Later came the retrieved dog with stick, ducks, squirrels and other tin toy figures. The friction and movement drives were bought by the company Gebrüder Bühler from Nuremberg. The outstanding feature is that the animals move like their real life counterparts.
1942 Georg Köhler died and the Nuremberg entrepreneur Fritz Collischan took over the company. The range has been extended annually by about 6 to 8 items .
1948 the production started again properly because now were enough resources available. Every year several new toy characters were created and produced.
1954 began the production of the first plastic toys which initially were produced of sheet metal and plastic as the songbird and Puss in Boots with plastic feet.
1960 included the range 70 tin toys items.
IN 1965 the daughter Ute took over the company after the death of her father. The production was enhanced switched to plastic parts.
1973 the production in Böblingen had to be adjusted by an arson attack .
1975 production could be resumed.
1997 the company under the strong pressure of the competition , above all, by Ernst Paul Lehmann was closed.

Signs

ein N auf einem GK in einem Dreieck

Question on item

Contact
Question on item