history of Lutz

Item number: Lutz (4010)

.

Category: Lutz




Description

Company history and description of the company Ludwig Lutz, Ellwangen an der Jagst Germany

In 1846 the plumber Ludwig Lutz founded the manufacturing for sheet goods. Tin toys were produced since the late 1950s.
1857 the merchant Joseph Englert joined the company. The company was called until 1869 "Englert and Lutz". After that, Lutz made ??himselg independent again and his son Adolf took over the commercial management.
1883 the brother August took over the commercial management of Adolf. He let produce floating ships and trains with clockwork or steam operation. The production of sheet metal carriages and coaches has been expanded. Later steam engines and complex operating models were added. The toys had a high quality. Bing was given the sole right to sell all goods for Germany.
1891 after the company mainly was in trouble because of its old production it was sold to Märklin, which also brought some of the workers to Göppingen.

Question on item

Contact
Question on item