history of Wolverine

Item number: Wolverine (4132)

.

Category: Wolverine




Description

Company history and description of the company Wolverine Supply & Manufacturing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

In 1903 the firm was founded by Benjamin F. Bain and his wife in Pittsburgh in 1906 registered as a company. The first toys were cars for boys that have been set in motion by sand or marble. They were called "Sandy Andy".
1918 began the production of toys for girls like tea sets, washboards, washtubs, ironing boards, etc.
1928 the production was expanded included with "Sunny Andy" and "Sunny Suzy" for all the toys who do not work with sand.
1919 production was added with airplanes, boats, buses, etc..
1950 ends production.

Question on item

Contact
Question on item